Friday, April 9, 2010

Knitting on toothpicks


Yeah! The baby hat is finished and the baby is born and the baby shower is this weekend. My friends Christie and Danny just had their first baby. He was born three weeks early which is why the baby shower is scheduled after the birth.

I'm really happy with the hat but the little i-cord loop at the top didn't go as planned. Originally there was going to be an i-cord long enough to tie in a little knot (like an umbilical cord) but as I was going along, one of the needles slipped out and I was too tired to fix it. The cord is long enough to fold down to create a cute little loop though so all-in-all I'm pleased. Tomorrow, some duplicate stitch designs will be added with some brown cotton so I need to find some motifs online that would look nice on a baby hat.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable hat! Hope we'll get to see photos of it modelled by the baby!

    ReplyDelete