Friday, February 5, 2010

Circumstantial enlightenment


Last night I dreamt I was being chased by an angry Pantone color chart. This past week I've been rather forced to choose a paint scheme of three colors to be applied to the interiors of a commercial space (my place of work). I have no trouble visualizing the final product in my head but my brain shuts down as I pour over the thousands of color chips, charts, and samples. This, not to mention thoughts of company branding, historic identity, and the life cycle of a modern, commercial image. By the way, did you know that stunning copper brown turns into hideous burnt orange when placed next to apple green? Monday morning will find me placing a call to a professional interior designer.

Forcing my mind to open up and play with color in a new way is thrilling though I could do without the pressure at work to make design decisions. I look forward to a new way of combining colors in my knitting. Shopping for wools with a better knowledge of color theory will be fun and I'm hoping a little more fruitful as I won't have to rely so heavily on others to create the obvious color combination for me.

The new look of this page is due in part to my recent schooling. In a previous post I mentioned the need for photo editing software or a new camera. Turns out, at least on my screen, that changing the background has corrected the washed out appearance of my pictures. I also like how the blue and orange text now look backlit. I guess washed out colors wash out colors so I'm glad to get rid of the light gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment