Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bowl of Plenty


It has been a fantasy of mine to bring home an entire bag full of Rowan yarn that I could call my own and today I did just that. The quirky, crazy Mass Avenue Knit Shop had their annual blow-out sale today and I was invited to join some knitting group ladies for a drive up to Indianapolis to buy yarn. This store was so packed with ladies that one could hardly move and besides the two devoted (bored) husbands in the shop, I was the only guy there. They didn't carry the exact yarn for the sweater I'm going to knit and when I found a second choice in virtually the same colors, they didn't have enough stock. Ah well, I just bought enough for scarves instead and will get the sweater yarn online. Upon returning home to fill my bowl with all my felty, tweedy balls of lovely Rowan I felt satisfied with a good, full day.

While in Indy, we ate at a wonderful Greek restaurant called Santorini's. The place felt like home, the service treated us like family and if I didn't know any better, I'd say someone's grandmother was in the kitchen cooking from scratch. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone coming through Indianapolis.

2 comments:

  1. A bowl full of Rowan Felted Tweed - congrats! That's a favourite yarn of mine: to look at, to work with and to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm quite pleased and hope to be wearing some of it soon.

    ReplyDelete