Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Room With A View


And the snow has started. The winter storm has finally broken free of the mid-western states and is moving east. The weather man has been threatening us for days but we haven't gotten anything but dark clouds every day, all day. I appreciated the view from the balcony for the better part of the morning but believe I missed the best viewing while I was gone to a friend's house. This evening there are a couple inches of white covering everything and tomorrow we may see the sun peek through. I missed my chance to go for a walk in the woods on the trail before dark; it would have been lovely with the snow.

A few hours were spent working with the Rowan yarn late this afternoon. I tend to be a tight knitter but went down two needle sizes from the recommended in order to get the gauge I was happy with. Although I'm thoroughly pleased with the yarn, I really wish they had had enough to make my vest because I want to get started so that I can wear it in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment