Saturday, November 21, 2009

Excuses


Four days without knitting. The issue lies in the starting of a project. I'm staring at a quarter of a scarf which is sitting in a bowl on my coffee table next to two skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool that need to be wound into balls in order to swatch. Sitting in another bowl are two balls of Borrocco Ultra Alpaca just waiting to be a twined hat. The twined hat needs to be knit top down and although I will be making it using magic loop, I need to start on dpn or it will look like shit and I can do without the frustration of a cable pulling and stretching the stitches. In order to start on dpns One would have to go to a store and buy the #4s and One would have to remember to do this before 6pm. I've noticed the yarns I bring home are getting smaller and smaller.

I've been scouring the internet in search of twined knitting patterns or instructions for the technique that may accidentally show me how to go about the type of color changes I hope to make. Seems like a lot of guesswork is the way to play this game if you don't know any Scandinavian great-grandmothers.

For dinner tonight I went super healthy. Half a baguette with some amazing triple cream brie and mochi puffs with peanut-chocolate ganache. I seem to have misplaced my protein and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment