Saturday, November 14, 2009

One Down


Enlightening and exciting. I've completed the crowning jewel on what I'm calling my "'80's Label Whore Hat", a nod to the Benetton Group and their original stylized knit stitch logo. Next come the cute little alpacas on either side and some dupe-stitch colorwork. I was so obsessed with Benetton in junior high school, I even wrote to the marketing department and did a full report on the company for my final assignment in 8th grade. I still love their knit stitch logo and I'm sure it was at least a small part of why I've wanted to knit for most of my adult life.

Tonight I learned two things working with this hat. Designs on my color chart had to be altered on the knitting for them to look correct in real life. Duplicate stitch is the other learning experience and although the back side doesn't look fabulous, it is nice and flat. I'm behind schedule for finishing this hat but tomorrow is Sunday knit group and I will at least get the rest of the dupe-stitch designs finished there and probably finish closing the top tomorrow night at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment