Saturday, November 28, 2009

Social sloth


Round two of the twined hat has gotten off to a great start but I fear there is still something wrong. For some reason, my orange stripes only show up as half of a V on the stockinette side while the gray looks just fine. Adjusting the tension and loosening up on the orange as I knit doesn't seem to help. Surely when I get a book on this technique I'll have an ah-ha moment.

So last night I posted a response to a question on the twined knitting group over on ravelry.com. I then figured I'd post a question asking for suggestions on books to buy that cover the technique. Much to my surprise I received great responses in less than 24 hours and even received a private email from another group member. Chatting with kindred folks this way is really so fun and the sharing of knowledge can't be beat. I've been apprehensive to take an active role in things like ravelry groups, facebook, etc. because I'm so self conscious; feeling like I have nothing to offer. (Sure I say that on this blog that anyone with an internet connection could possibly see but remember, nobody I know knows about this blog and probably nobody I don't know.) Facebook is another online community where I've started the attempt to express myself a little. With an modest quantity of friends on facebook, I've used it mainly to keep up on their status updates and such but never contributed until recently, again with positive results. My goal with this recent online social activity is to broaden my network of acquaintances, learn some new things and keep up on technology. The entertainment factor is nice too but the last thing I need is a second hobby that allows me to sit on my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment