Friday, November 13, 2009

Over Mashed Potatoes


Not being a soup fan, I don't have much experience making it. I've cooked my whole life and can be pretty amazing in the kitchen but soup is just not my thing, usually. Last night however, I took the first step to making the best chicken noodle soup I've ever eaten - boiling the chicken and straining the broth. Tonight I sauteed the veggies in butter, shredded the chicken and rolled out some nice fat egg noodles. This amazing pot simmered for about half an hour before I dove in. Couldn't help taking a picture of those luscious noodles.

Today found me knitting at the yarn store after I got tired of sitting around the house nursing what I'm hoping is the ending stages of minor bronchitis. Quite a few rounds of the fair isle/intarsia/duplicate stitch hat were finished. I had no idea that so many techniques would be used in this hat when I "borrowed" the idea from another knitter's flicker set. The hat is going to be so beautifully fun when I'm done and the duplicate stitch portion will begin tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment