Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting cavities


These darned lambs are sickeningly sweet; I want one or ten! There has always been a soft spot in my heart for little lambs and kids (the goat kind). My family had a little goat named Surple when I was a toddler and I would run down to his house near the pasture to give him kisses. He would be standing at the ready and promptly knock me to the ground. Lovable, no; cute as hell, yes.

Today I tried to decide my preferred technique for knitting in the round. I've done double points, correctly sized circulars, and magic loop on both 40 and 60 inch cables. Although magic loop is cheaper than amassing an enormous collection of 12 and 16 inch circulars for making hats, I think I have come to the conclusion that I like the comfort of double points the best. Although the initial supply investment can be a touch more expensive than magic loop supplies, it still is cheaper than the regular circular route. I noticed on a blog today that someone has used two sets of circular needles to create a hat by holding the stitches on 8 needles rather than the standard 4 which I have seen up till now. I'm going to give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment