Thursday, November 26, 2009

Juicy


I do believe that I have roasted the juiciest, subtly aromaticist chicken ever to pass my lips. Thank you, Nigella Lawson, for your Spiced Super-Juicy Turkey brine recipe, it works great with chicken. The brine of oranges, star anise, allspice, mustard, ginger, maple, and caraway to name a few, perfumes the meat with a flavor like I've never tasted. I can't pick out any one of the ingredients as they mingle so gently together. Nigella has a bounty of recipes and I've prepared many of them with great success. A few of her offerings are embarrassingly simple coming from a famous cook but they delight non-the-less. One favourite is her Bacon Tomato Hash. My chicken isn't pretty enough to snap a pic and I wouldn't want to offend any vegans. hehe

The twined hat has begun. Fumbling around trying to figure out the pattern by looking at pics of FOs and knowing virtually nothing about twined knitting, the first inch is unsuccessful. Tonight it will be ripped out because although it would be cute, it is not what I want. Late last night the pattern formed itself in my brain so round two begins tonight and I know what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment